Sunday, December 6, 2015

Close Encounter-Trust Your Gut

We had a close encounter the other day-not with aliens but with would be criminals. We stopped at the ATM machine. Little did we know a car full of people with bad intentions started following us. Their first mistake was that they passed us on the shoulder of the road. That got Larry annoyed and he watched them closely. The whole time they followed us but Larry didn't say anything to me. He didn't want to worry me, but they were on his radar now.

We arrived at our destination, and Larry parked to watch them. I was like what are we doing because it was weird for him to park so far out. Both of watched as they sat there, as they never turned off the ignition or their parking lights.

We went to another side of the building to another parking lot. I can't begin to tell you how my stomach dropped as they came around the corner in their beat up white car. They looked like big burly guys, thugs and I was scared. Larry wished for a gun. We pulled out and Larry told me to get their licence plate number. We went somewhere else and they didn't follow us anymore.

I am so grateful they were stupid and passed us on the shoulder. That pissed Larry off and he watched them closely. I'm glad he's so observant and didn't just drive into their scheme.

Some could say how did we know what they intended. The fear I felt when they came around the corner is answer enough for me. I will trust my gut every time. I will trust Larry's instincts every time.

If not the story could have ended differently for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment